So, someone brought up that I should dockerize this. I think that’s a
littleLOT premature. I need to get a basic over-simplified use case working first. Example: I just had to restructure some code because I was running the GUI launcher directly with an if name main blob. Now that I’m importing it and planning to be able to run it headless/batchable via ssh or whatever - I had to change the app namespace, to the app.ui namespace. It’s more important that I get this right, than it is that something broken or not yet working is deploy-able.
So, on to the sketch.
- Get a basic use case for a completely non-obfuscated linux blob working
- Get enough plugins done to populate most of the tabs
- Get a video of it partially working up somewhere
- Get it working in a venv deployable by people who aren’t me
- Get it working in an LXC container with GUI sharing
- Get it working headless
- Dockerize headless
So, in short, 1 isn’t finished yet. I will not divide my attention on 2 through 7 until 1 is done. I’m a human. I need goalposts, not god requests ;)
Thanks for being interested…